Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Episode 0

I have to take a minute and recommend the film reviews at  redlettermedia.com.  So far I've only got through the 70 minute review of Star Wars The Phantom Menace, and it's absolutely brilliant.  It's far more enjoyable than watching the film itself, and elucidates many of the thoughts, complaints and confusions I have about that film.  After sixteen years of intense waiting, The Phantom Menace was a kick in the crotch from George Lucas.  I believe it should really be relegated to being Episode 0, and we should get a free replacement made for our wait, troubles and disappointment.  Jar Jar is punishment enough, with Lucas's response being that it is a film aimed at children.  If that's true, then why the hell does the plot revolve around some obfuscated story about trade routes and taxation?  I've been to college and I can't understand what the hell it's about.  Anyway, if you are as frustrated as me then check out these reviews.

No comments: