Thursday, June 12, 2008

Random Notes

The 4G ipod finally died, so now its been replaced with the 6G 160GB "classic" ipod. Its nice to have color, video and room for my entire music collection, plus DVDs. I'm not completely impressed with what they've done to the screen, its too dark to see when the backlight is off, and they now have this screensavers that puts up the clock instead of the current song playing, which I don't like at all.

The Swiss Army Knife turns 111 today. For the last 25 years, hardly a day has gone by that I don't have one on me. Usually the Huntsman, but I also have the Mechanic and the Cybertool 41.


Gorbachev recently stated that he thinks the US is trying to start a new war with Russia. Perhaps we are not out of the 20th century chaos yet. I was recently watching a History Channel program about the Dark Ages, which theorized that even with our contemporary advancements, the 20th century could one day be seen as a "dark age" in history, given the amount of conflict and violence experienced.

No comments: