Thursday, March 05, 2009

I wish I had time to point out the numerous errors and lies that are presented in the media, particularly Fox News, but I simply don't. When O'Reilly says he just presents the facts and lets the audience decide, he is wrong. There are still lies by omission. I'm so tired of hearing how The Minneapolis Star Tribune is a "far left" newspaper. It is not. They endorsed the conservative candidate for senator - only a far right person would see them as far left. The criticism of Obama is utterly amazing. I knew it would be bad, but not this bad. He's only been in office six weeks, but they're already noting his failure for re-election. No one thought W would be re-elected, but never underestimate the power of the propaganda fed by the media. He spent 52% of 2001 on vacation, but anytime someone criticized him, it was "unpatriotic." And, yes, the W administration did criticize Clinton for creating 9/11 and the problems that W had to deal with.

Now Lou Dobbs has joined in the propaganda by claiming the attacks on Rush are a conspiracy. Whatever. Rush has been the conservative voice for twenty years. I couldn't turn on CNN last weekened without seeing his fat head and hearing his angry, hateful speech. So, yes, he is a viable target as a center of power in the Republican party. CPAC itself was a joke. Why do I have to see this on CNN? Would a liberal counterpart get aired on Fox News? Only if someone temporarily forgot a web address, I suppose. Liberal media, my ass!

As for "the redistribution of wealth" (which is a phrase that makes me want to punch the next person that utters it in my presence), no one seems to even have a basic understanding of U.S. tax code. I guess no one does their own taxes. And the media is not helping. As for the controversy over the reduction in deductions for charities, it would return to Reaganomics.

No comments: